Your shopping cart is empty!
YOUR THYROID NEEDS MAGIC
We sure you now know your thyroid is a butterfly-shaped gland in your throat area, which controls both your metabolism and energy levels, as well as your body temperature and heart rate. Every second person seems to have a thyroid problem these days, but the thyroid can recover, given the right treatment, in many cases.
First have a look at this list and see if you might have a thyroid problem:
• You battle to lose or gain weight
• Your appetite either increases or disappears
• Your skin and nails are very dry
• Hair loss, hair thinning
• Fatigue, insomnia, mood swings
• Constipation / water retention
• Depression or anxiety or both
• Muscle, tendon and joint pain
• Memory loss, brain fog
• Excessive snoring
• Swelling in your neck
• Cold hands and feet, often very cold even when it’s warm
• Hoarse voice
• Irregular periods, PMS, infertility, no libido
If you answered yes to most of these, it is possible you have a thyroid problem or might be heading that way. Thyroid health is very important. One way you can do this is by using pure hydrolysed collagen in peptide form.
HOW COLLAGEN HELPS THE THYROID
Collagen is one of the ‘magic’ ingredients that you will need for healing your thyroid gland. We all need extra collagen anyway for blood vessels, bones, skin, tendons and muscles – and our bodies have to work harder if we are collagen-deficient, manifesting in wrinkles, joint pain, and a dysfunctional digestive system. Adding collagen to your regime will not only help to improve thyroid function, it will heal the body from the inside out, upping metabolism, improving your chance of weight loss and reducing inflammation. It also promotes a healthy digestive system, provides better sleep, freedom from body pain and improved mood.
Stress, and too much of the stress hormone, cortisol, prevents the conversion of T4 (a thyroid hormone which is inactive) to T3 (the active form), performed by the liver. Stay with us here, We are getting to how this works. Endotoxins slow down the detoxification of the liver, but collagen counteracts these toxins, and helps the liver to undertake powerful detoxification measures. Collagen also helps to regulate blood sugar levels and prevent insulin resistance – both of which can directly affect the thyroid. When the liver is working well it is able to convert T4 to T3 far more readily – and this is why the liver is such an important part of thyroid health. Collagen detoxifies the liver. Collagen is able to perform ‘magic’ in the liver, give you back your moist, smooth skin, strong nails, thick hair and a well-functioning digestive system, while removing joint pain and helping to heal the thyroid. Collagen also returns elasticity to the skin, and gives you shiny thick hair and strong nails. When T4 is not converted to T3, your hair, nails, skin and joints are all become compromised, together with your weight and digestion.
Why collagen is MAGIC TO THE THYROID
• Contains abundant glycine which can block a common compound which inhibits thyroid function
• Helps to detoxify the liver and restore the liver’s ability to convert T4 to T3
• Glycine in collagen helps reduce the stress hormones which interfere with your thyroid as it helps reduce cortisol in the bloodstream so you feel calmer and the thyroid can function more efficiently
• Contains a very nutritious protein source which promotes proper thyroid function. If you have too little protein, you will have decreased thyroid hormone production.
If you are eating soy you are destroying your thyroid gland – this is an excellent soy-free, high quality source of protein
• Thyroid hormone directly regulates the synthesis of collagen in the tendons – when it is low, your tendons are weak and sore, and more susceptible to injury, commonly seen in those with hypothyroidism
• Collagen offsets the dry, wrinkled skin, brittle nails, hair loss and slow wound-healing caused by hypothyroidism
• Hypothyroidism causes stiffness and joint pain, which collagen assists with in quite a short time
• Collagen boosts your thyroid function by improving your ability to use your T3 thyroid hormone, instead of it being blocked
• Collagen helps to lower the free fatty acids which prevent you from using thyroid hormone efficiently and which can even lead to insulin resistance.
• Collagen helps to restore insulin sensitivity – and this is another way it helps with weight loss and management.
or Purchase in store