This product is highly recommended.
What is Sfera’s Biotic Spray
The Bactria is lyophilised (freeze dried) and encapsulated in oil. The Oil protects against moisture and also extends the shelf life of the product.
When the Biotic is sprayed into the mouth, the oil does not have to emulsified for the bacteria to be released and activated.
Due to the oil base, the bacteria are more stable at room temperature and therefore does not have to be refrigerated and is the ideal travel companion.
The bacterial strains used in Biotic may be helpful in the following conditions:
Mouth And Nose
- Lactobacillus Rhamnosis have been reported to reduce tooth decay incidence in children taking probiotic Lactobacillus Rhamnosis enriched milk versus a control group of children taking milk without probiotic supplementation.
- L. Salvarius may be helpful in the treatment of halitosis.
- Lactobacillus effectively reduce gingivitis causing bacteria.
- In an open-label pilot trial, 20 patients with genuine halitosis received oral administration of Lactobacillus salivariuswith xylitol for 4 weeks. Oral mal-odour parameters significantly decreased after 2 weeks.
- Studies have shown that Lactobacillus rhamnosus have demonstrated a reduction in the developing of atopic disease (specifically eczema) in children with a high risk of allergies. In terms of asthma, long-term consumption of Lactobacilli and Bifidobacteria reduced circulating IgE levels and Clinical symptoms in several studies.
- In one study printed in the American Journal of Gastroenterology, only Lactobacillus salivariuswas able to produce high amounts of lactic acid and completely inhibit the growth of H.pyloriin a mixed culture.
Inflammatory Bowel Disease:
- A consistent feature in a chronic inflammatory bowel disease seems to be an increase in intestinal permeability, which can develop into inflammatory lesions and trigger mucosal inflammation. The mucosal barrier provides an important interface between the contents of the gut (the food that you eat) and the host’s immune cells.
Lactobacillus salivarius has been shown to strengthen the epithelial barrier, whilst simultaneously reducing mucosal levels of inflammatory cytokines. In addition it also has the ability to break down incompletely proteins and their undesirable by-products, leading to a reduced potential for putrefaction.
Lactobacillus salivarius also exibits immune-modulatory properties, enhancing defence against pathogens.
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus have been shown to positively enhance cell mediated immunity in samples taken from Crohn’s sufferers.
Large Intestine (Colon)
Irritable Bowel Syndrome :
- Studies have shown that using a proprietary high strength blend of Bifidobacterium bifidum& lactis may show a significant improvement in the symptom severity score of IBS – these include quality of life, pain and satisfaction with bowel habits .
- Bifidobacterium lactis may also help the symptom of abdominal distension – an extremely common feature of IBS .
- There is good evidence for the use of Lactobacillis species such as acidophilus in the prevention and treatment of candidal vaginitis. The bacteria protect the vaginal epithelium through improving barrier function and increasing interference with pathogens.
Urinary Tract Infections:
Recurrent urinary tract infections are usually caused by E. coli and treated with antibiotics. Some studies have suggested Lactobacilli probiotics a good alternative to antibiotic therapy due to their ability to adhere to the uro-epithelial cells as well as producing inhibitors to pathogenic growth.
The products and claims made about specific products on or through this Site have not been evaluated by the Medical Control council and are not approved to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.