Maca Extra Strength
This product is highly recommended.
What it does
- Maca has been shown to increase men and women’s libido or sex drive. This is a common problem among adults today.What makes maca so interesting is that we still don’t understand why it increases sex drive. Sex drive usually links to sex hormones, though with maca that doesn’t seem to be the case. Researchers have measured testosterone and estrogen levels of people taking maca and found no changes, even when the participants reported increased libido.
- Maca may increase fertility in Men. When it comes to male fertility, sperm quality and quantity is very important. A recent review summarized the findings of five small studies. It showed that maca improved semen quality in both infertile and healthy men. One of the studies reviewed included nine healthy men. After consuming maca for four months, researchers detected an increase in the volume, count and motility of sperm.
- Maca may help relieve symptoms of menopause. Menopause is defined as the time in a woman's life when her menstrual periods stop permanently. The natural decline in estrogen that occurs during this time can cause a range of unpleasant symptoms. These include hot flashes, vaginal dryness, mood swings, sleep problems and irritability. One review of four studies in menopausal women found that maca helped alleviate menopausal symptoms, including hot flashes and interrupted sleep.
- Maca can improve one’s mood, particularly in menopause. It has been associated with reduced anxiety and symptoms of depression in women. Maca contains a plant compound called flavonoids, which have been linked to psychological benefits.
- Maca may improve sports performance and energy levels. It has been popular among bodybuilders and athletes due to its ability in increasing strength, boosting energy levels and performance and gaining muscle.
- Maca may also improve brain function. It was traditionally used by natives in Peru to improve children’s performance in school.
- Maca acts as an adaptogen. Maca is one of very few naturally occurring products that are considered to be an adaptogen. This refers to the ability of a substance to bring one or more of the body’s systems back into balance. Maca works on the hypothalamus and pituitary glands to normalize the entire endocrine (hormonal) system of men and women. So, regardless of whether glands such as the thyroid, adrenal, pancreas, testes, or ovaries are over- or under-producing their respective hormones, the active compounds in maca bring the system back to its optimum level.